At SOWISO we are committed to operate our business in the most sustainable way possible. To do so, we have implemented the following policies:
- The use of 100% green energy, both in our office and for our hosting services.
- Encouraging employees to work from home and to use public transportation when commuting.
- Only offering 100% electric car lease and otherwise compensating CO2 emissions if employees use their own non-electric car (through TreesForAll foundation).
- Having a “vegetarian-first” lunch policy.
- International meetings are preferably online. In the case physical meetings do take place:
- We prefer to travel by train or electric vehicle.
- When taking a flight, the CO2 emissions will be compensated twice (through the compensation scheme offered by the airline as well as through TreesForAll foundation).
And not in the least place; SOWISO offers a digital alternative to the physical textbook. Our digital learning materials are available on demand, and can be used for the semester or study year when the students need them, eliminating the need to purchase, hence produce, thousands of textbooks each year.